2011年11月21日星期一

Ravens' Torrey Smith caught from behind ... by a hair or two uggsuggboots.com

Though Ravens rookie WR Torrey Smith had a big day (six catches for 165 yards and a TD), he would have had more had he not been pulled down from behind -- by his dreadlocks.

CAPTIONBy Jeff Swinger, The Cincinnati Enquirer

When Smith was tackled by Bengals CB Adam Jones afterugg winnipeg ugg ottawa ugg long island a 28-yard gain in the second quarter, it initially looked like an illegal horse collar tackle.

The refs threw a flag, but they picked it up after determining Smith was brought down by his hair, which is considering part of the uniform under NFL rules and can be legally grabbed if is sticking out the back of the helmet.

"The tackle was made by grasping the hair of the runner," referee Ron Winter announced.

Smith, a second-round draft pick from Maryland, said that had never happened to him before.

"That was my first time. ... I was in shock," he said after helping the Ravens to a 31-24 win.

At first, he thought he had been pulled down by the back of his jersey.

"I thought I was going to score, and the next thing you know I'm getting dragged down,'' he said.

While Smith claimed it "didn't hurt at all," he said that a few drives earlier he had noticed some pieces of dreadlocks on the field. "I guess their running back (Cincinnati's Bernard Scott has long dreads), he lost a few dreads, and I knew it wasn't my dreads,'' he said.

"They (his teammates) were like, 'Did you lose a few dreads?' No, I didn't lose anything.''

After the play, Ravens Coach John Harbaugh and Smith addressed the possibility a new hairstyle might be a good strategy.

"We had that conversation on the sideline. He said he was considering that, but hey, you've just got to run faster ... outrun the dreads, I guess," said Harbaugh.

Smith on the notion of new hairdo: "I honestly thoughtugg lafayette ugg boots in edmonton ugg boots edmonton about it, but my gramma likes it a little too much. I'm a momma and grandmamma's boy, at least for now.''

Smith amassed the third-most receiving yards ever by a Ravens receiver in a game.

"He did a great job, and he is a real difference for uggs outlet buffalo ugg st louis ugg sale torontothis offense against that team," said Ravens QB Joe Flacco, who hit Smith with a 38-yard TD pass in the third quarter following a Cincinnati turnover. Smith also had a 49-yard catch.

没有评论:

发表评论